2. Feeling lonely is a good chance to know and love yourself
3. Anxiety and depression are challenges to accept and or tackle
4. Pain sucks — but pain medication is fun
5. Every healthy day is a gift, but you are still one day closer to being dead
6. Be bold and let your free flag fly — where what you like! Shave your head! Keep it fresh!
7. Beds need people too!
8. It’s okay to be afraid, and it’s okay to say no
9. Exercise is just another addiction, might as well eat chocolate
10. Most doctors will kill you if you let them… that’s why we need nurses
11. Feeling useless and being useless are two separate things. You have so much to give and just because we live in a materialistic culture that likes to measure phalluses doesn’t mean that you aren’t giving tons to others. ❤ Hug!!
An ego identity is the face we show to the world. It is also a way we define ourselves to ourselves.
Many people with chronic illnesses choose the illness as an ego identity. There are many reasons for this, but most are psychologically unhealthy. We may claim that we seek community, but relationships built around suffering usually start to create suffering. We might claim that we wish to help others from our experiences, but to truly help another is not to limit them but to share in discovering unlimited potential.
Wellness is experienced when we don’t limit our identity. The whole of our lives is greater than individual aspects. Wellness is about opening and acceptance. One dead tree, even if it is the tallest and oldest in the entire forest, does not nullify the grandeur and the many complex systems found in the forest’s entirety.
While a person may suffer limitations due to a disability, illness, or circumstance, life can still be as fulfilling as we wish to make it. Not limiting ourselves with a diseased ego identity is a simple way to admit that there are possibilities and passions that we are opening to discover. We refuse to be pigeon-holed into a universe that is mired in pain and suffering. Illnesses can be very painful, but no one can claim that pain is all there is to life.
What good things can you identify about yourself that open your heart and realize the potential of your mind / body / soul?